DAAD Scholarship 2023 | Application Process | Fully Funded
DAAD Scholarship 2023
DAAD Scholarships 2023: Are you an international or native German student looking to carry out research in Germany and do not have funding? Then look no further. Each year, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports over 100,000 German and international students and students around the globe to study abroad and conduct research – making it the world’s largest funding society.
DAAD scholarships are aimed principally at supporting graduates, doctoral students, and postdocs and are granted for study and research visits to universities and non-university research organizations in Germany. There are also offers that are called the “Sur-place and Third Country Programme” where students, young scientists, and researchers can obtain DAAD funding for a scholarship in Germany for a progress program, doctoral program, or post-doctoral period in their region or home country.
Applying for DAAD Scholarships is very significant if one is to win the scholarship. Therefore, there are things to note while applying for a DAAD scholarship in Germany or the Third Republic Program.
DAAD Scholarships 2022/23 | Things to Letter
Applicants for DAAD scholarships must:
- Have got relevant certificates from known institutions of higher learning.
- Hopefuls from all over the world are eligible to apply.
- must demonstrate strong abstract and leadership abilities.
- The quality of the project: for study and research visits, courses of continuing education: a substantial and well-planned project.
- A well-founded choice, of course, as indicated by the letter of motivation.
- Academic achievements
- Depending on the scholarship program, additional selection criteria may be relevant, e.g., language skills.
You may Like: How to win a scholarship? 2022/23
The Benefits of DAAD Scholarships
The benefits provided by each scholarship program vary and are detailed in the call for applications in the database of scholarships. In general, it includes
- A stipend (€861 for graduates, €1,200 for Ph.D. students; university teachers often receive €2,000 for assistant teachers, assistant professors, and lecturers; €2,150 for professors) is paid on a monthly basis.
- A set amount for travel.
- Insurance for health, accidents, and personal accountability.
- A one-time research grant, family income, or money for language-learning expenses.
There are some things to look out for while preparing to apply for DAAD Scholarships, such as:
Preparing your application:
- A letter of motivation that defines your professional and personal reasons for wishing to study in Germany, not more than three pages. The content should include your education, skills, academic motivation, personal interests, and reasons for applying for a scholarship.
- The proposal should be full and precise, having the objective, current state of work, key research questions, research strategies/methods, ethical issues, and research list clearly outlined.
Planning your project: You need to get confirmation from a university teacher if you wish to carry out separate research or complete a doctorate in Germany. You have to get a host who can be a university teacher or a teacher who works at a national or state-recognized institution of higher learning.
How to apply: Applicants will have to apply online by registering on the DAAD portal. In the scholarship database, first, choose your chosen scholarship program and then the tab “Submit application”. Application events may vary depending on the scholarship program. To find out where and how to apply, applicants are to read the “Application Events” in the scholarship file. Hopefuls can apply by succeeding the steps below:
- Download the DAAD scholarship application form.
- Personalized resumes should include your signature.
- Transcribe a letter of motivation and sign it by hand.
- Prepare a thorough research proposal.
- Get a letter of recommendation from your former university.
- Find a host from a university that is accepted by the government or the state.
Recommended: Best Washington Scholarships in 2022
It should be noted that there is no higher age limit for those who want to apply for DAAD Scholarships. Most courses are eligible for DAAD scholarships. However, since some disciplines are restricted, applicants must make sure their course of study is in the authorized programs (e.g., medicine).